View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 07:06 PM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: beastie book (spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
The Hello Nasty “after that” explanation makes sense to me how the book doesn’t touch much upon the final years. They moved back to the City, released HN, started their families. and then 9/11 happened after that, and then they put out two more rap records and an instrumental album also happened. They continued epic tours. Bush, Obama, Trump, and here we are 20 years later. Yauch gets sick and the Beasties legacy is cut short.
well stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
Through the internet, they made themselves accessible enough (Oscope Cam comes to mind) and seemed like an open book unto themselves through their blogs, websites, and touring videos. They were always putting shit out. I was happy to connect with them and learn about the early years.
i’d be hardpressed to identify another group as rewarding to follow as beasties, via inciteful, forward-thinking means of sharing auxiliary content, fan interaction, and just good ol fun ways of coloring the fan experience. and yeah, their live show prowess developed so strongly there down the stretch there.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...