View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Daisy...

Default Re: UK Queens Jubilee

I dont particularly care that the Queen and her family get a life of privaledge, lots of people do, it is a part of life, unfair but probably inevitable.

It is more what it means for democracy, so I would not be that interested in removing the monarch for the sake of it, just as part of a larger reform to a more democratic system.
Also regarding elected heads of state, they do not have to be cermonial only, we could have a presidentt with real power like the US, Russia or France. I could imagine being motivated to vote in an election for a president.

Right now I dont vote, because there is no obvious difference between the policital parties and because I am more likely to get run over on the way to the polling booth than make a difference.

The monarchy cant last forever, it is a relic waiting to be swept away, just a matter of time.

I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 23rd of April 2006.

I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.