View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
In The Island of Staten

Default Re: Beastiemixes.com Halloween Remix Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito
It was difficult to judge cos there were similar samples and also I found myself groovin along to a few and then thinkin "hey there's not too much of the film in here and then markin them down" The suspense is killing me - i aint entered one of these before and I am fearing the worst as mine was pretty amateurish compared to the rest. Those marks you gave out were strange though but i would say it was an average of 6

Yeah man, I hear ya on that..........It was definitely tough to judge....So I came up with a simple system.....There more the mix sounded like the movie the more points you got....There were alot on there that sounded real good, but then I was thinking....where are the samples......So automatic 5 for limited sample usage, and hardly no sample usage....under 5....like the "Jigsaw" entry...which I gave a 1 by the way...sorry......And the ones that had the most samples I gave a 6 and up.....The more clever or better it sounded I gave more points above 6....Like Blackula, I thought it was unique, the vocal change was cool, and used alot of samples from the movie.....so I gave it and 8.........Overall, I think I was pretty tought on the judging...out of 29 entries, I only gave 16 of them a rating of "6 or higher"....Hope that wasn't giving out too much information.......Oh yeah, by the way, that's persons average is actually a 4.5, above us........

Check me out at BeastieMixes.com