View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 AM
The best mayne I deed it

Default Re: The Family Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by na§tee View Post
i don't know a single english person who celebrates st georges day. it has bad, you know, NATIONAL FRONT connotations.

australians are a curious case, but i'm drinking beer at my desk surrounded by proofs and my eyes are bleeding looking at indesign all day, so i'm not gonna get in to it.

paddy i thought you didn't have any money? how'd you manage that? GUINNESS! i had some yesterday.. served to me by an australian, curiously enough. me: "how'd YOU get here?" him: "aeroplane"
Ahhh aussie dry humour. There's nothing like it.

case in point - a friend in sydney was telling me just 3 days ago he was on the bus that morning and the most stereotypical amercian tourist compete with camera strung around neck got on and says to the driver, 'hello, does this bus go to the outback??'

Without blinking the driver says to him 'well mate, you know the distance between LA and new york? well our outback is bigger than that. Exactly which part of the outback were you hoping to get to?'

The american said 'uhhhhh.... uluru?'

The bus driver goes 'oohhhh sure matey!!!! just around the corner! 2 blocks away!' and rolls his eyes. The tourist doesnt catch on and happily sits down. The rest of the bus were sniggering. It took the tourist about 30 mins to catch on that yes, getting to uluru might be a bit more difficult that jumping on a sydney metro bus. (try a 6 hour flight followed by an 8 hour drive).

I heart australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolkat View Post
boning.
your mom,
amongst the azalea bushes.

the wind cuts through the brush like a pencil-dick.
teardrops on my ballsack.