Thread: What's for TEA?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:13 PM
non sequitur.

i returned to that kinky bitch nigella tonight. her pavlova (as documented above) i've done quite a few times and dammmnn, it's good.

today i did her chocolate cherry cupcakes. they're not cupcakes as the americans know them, sorry. not all plump and gorgeous and cute. but damn they are tasty. i added a whole jar of cherry jam in there. yes, cherry jam. mmmm. i'm on a diet right now so i am currently baking for everyone at work, home, strangers, whoever. baking baking baking when i secretly want to eat them all. goddammit.

chocolate + butter = sinful.

i improvised a little and put a sneaky wee cube of chocolate in the middle of every cupcake and watched it siiiink..

oi! stop stealing my mixture and smoking next to my food!

the finished result. they didn't rise as much as i wanted, hrrmph. but i guess that allowed me to put the icing on and to make a nice, level surface. they are chocolatey and cherry, er.. y and taste much better than they look. nom. i don't have a muffin tray so i just had to do some in ramekins and others in about 7 muffin cases to support them. i was meant to use natural-coloured glace cherries but morrisons isn't that classy, yo.

she's a pearl of a girl, i guess that's what you might say