View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Adidas Americana Beastie Boys sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
Truth. Flippers are pretty much a cancer. Profiteers at best. They take advantage of limited releases and resell for profit only. I don't know how anyone can stop that. Maybe in a different time you or I would have conceded our spot for a true fan, I probably would have. The only point I want to make (understand I am on team fuck flippers and team fans should get the limited releases) is that if enough fans showed up 8 hours early, they couldn't have been there early enough to flip them. It's not an endorsement of what they are doing, or a recrimination of 30+ year fans for not rearranging their schedule to show up in the middle of the night for a shoe launch. The flippers have a well organized game plan. The fans can either go way out of their way to get shit at cost or pay the flippers. That's reality.
The way to prevent this dynamic is to not create it in the first place. Don't sell these exclusive limited runs like this. Just make the stuff available for purchase on a web store for whoever wants to buy it. When they sell out make more. This would raise way more money for the charities.

I don't get the whole collector rare exclusive thing. To be honest, much like in the art world, for me, the only way it makes sense is as someone who buys and sells for profit. If someone is going to go on eBay and pay the $500 for a pair of sneakers, to me, that doesn't make sense. But people will do that. So of course someone will want to be the seller.