Thread: therapy
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 08:37 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: therapy

I only really had a good therapist once. she was christian-based, but didn't talk about christianity at all.

the only thing I haven't liked about therapy is how much they kiss your ass. I went after times of trauma when I was a kid and a teenager, so I think they were being really gentle with me or something. last time I went it was because I was in crisis/suicidal around age 21...I was diagnosed with mild clinical depression because of it. never had any meds though. I think that it was good to talk to someone, but I kind of needed someone to tell me to grow up and deal with life rather than hold my hand.

as I mentioned in another thread, one of my good friends is a therapist and she helps. mostly because she tells me it's alright for me to be crazy, and that it'd be weird if I wasn't crazy after all the stupid shit that happened in my childhood. and she's not afraid to tell you when you're being an idiot. it took a huge load off of my shoulders actually.

try it out and don't be afraid to shop around. also, like cosmo said time and just basic human maturation helps a lot if you let it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.