Thread: 50 Cal Getdown
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 02:38 AM

Default Re: 50 Cal Getdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I collect MMM so I would have bought it with or without MCA on it. I was like most everybody who would even read this thread in that I hoped it was something monumental. It turned out to be less than that, and I'm OK with that because imo it was not marketed in a way that led me to believe that it was more than a verse on a mix tape.

Given that MMM spent some time with Mike and Adam on the book tour, and looked them in the face every day for weeks if not months, it doesn't really make sense that he'd dick them over for a cash grab. That is not what this is about. He's not a cash grabber. I can't even get Magma Chamber on vinyl or CD. It seems more like a tribute from him to the guy he worked with on music for over a decade.

The track itself is cool. To me, the album is fantastic. I don't want to say that anybody is wrong for their opinion.

In my mind... MMM put out a record that you can only get from one retailer and limited it to 1,000 copies on vinyl because people like me wanted a physical copy. He's not going to make dick off of this release by selling vinyl. Rough Trade sold it at a reasonable price, and (by the way) added a free promo CD that included an hour long mix of the album plus lots of bonus material. Just over 2 minutes of that free bonus CD contained a track that featured MCA playing fuzz base and a very small sample of lyrics we haven't heard. I'm good with that.

In the woodshed working on my chops to hide the pressures coming out the box
Sounds good, l heard a sample of another track on instagram which was really good.
So is the MCA track him rapping over the fuzz bass or two separate tracks?

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"