View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Yorkshire Boy

Default Re: ATTN: UK Remixers

I have never heard of them so I can't help on that side.

With regards to learning about software, making music etc - you have all the tutoring you'll ever need at the tip of your fingers mate.

When I got reason, I went to propellorheads website first and watched a few video's on getting to use it with midi controllers and various settings etc and I was off.

There are online manuals, diagrams, articles, tips, tricks and user discussion forums for ALL of the major programs.

Once I had a grasp of which software was best for me, I got stuck into that particular one (ACID and Soundforge, only using fruity, reason or BFD for drum programming).

My issue came then in realising that I had no idea of how to compose a song. Again, I spent, and still do spend, a lot of time reading about composition - but these seem to be generic hip hop / dance / pop formula's, so I pretty much disgarded those and now just build and layer until I have what I feel that I would listen to if it were made by somebody else.

I try to only make music that I can put in my minidisk player and listen to. If you like it - you have an audience (even if it is just you). If you can't listen to your own stuff - why would anyone else want to?

break-beat-sample.blogspot

Badly Drawn Northerner