View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 02:40 PM
you fucking lemmings...

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by wints
Exactly. The point is not whether a man is going to hear the song and think "what a good idea", the point is that a woman (especially one who's been abused) might hear the song or just the title and think "Wow, that's not funny or clever, it just sounds like they're condoning violence against women." Don't condemn a person's natural response to something as "PC liberal rhetoric". I can avoid the Prodigy's concerts like the plague, and I do, but if I go to a Beastie Boys show I have a right not to expect to hear violent, hateful bullshit.
that is such complete bullshit.....
you have no idea, but you are well on your way to fascist thinking.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SOME PERSON MAY THINK OR MAY GET OFFENDED! tough shit!!!
artists do not have a responsibility to not hurt people's feelings....for fuck sake, what is wrong with you people?

"but if I go to a Beastie Boys show I have a right not to expect to hear violent, hateful bullshit."

what the fuck planet are you from? if you go to a concert or festival, you think you have the RIGHT to not be offended?....what the fuck!?

you overly sensivtive elitist......grow some balls.

it's like going to a bar and demanding that no one in there be drunk...DUDE, IT'S A BAR....THERE ARE BOUND TO BE DRUNK PEOPLE THERE!!
it's goes with the territory....you know what you're gettin into.

i think people like this should just stay home, in there own little safe fantasy world.

when you, or yauch, or anyone else says "that offends me, and possibley other people.....can you not do that?"....that's forcing your veiws on other people....aka-mild facism.
yes, you're asking - not forcing....but the underlying ethic is there.

it comes down to choice....you can choose to buy an album or not...to go to a concert or not....to watch a video or not.....
you choose...
no one has the right to take that choice away...
you know what to expect when you do any of those things.....it's your life.

but that is what people like you try and do.....take that choice away from the rest of us because it offends you and a few others.
you try and take it upon yourself to SAVE these other people from hearing, seeing, reading something that YOU are just so sure is terrible and wrong.

hey, i'd be offended if I DIDN'T hear that song......don't i count?...don't my feelings count?

does ANYONE else on here understand what i'm saying?