View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Next time you think something is offensive...just remember back when your parents thought G n' R was pretty freakin repulsive. Pretty tame by todays standards. These things are SUBJECTIVE...and cannot be put into "offensive" vs. "non-offensive" categories. Think about it, how the hell can one categorize music (or art) into tidy little neat categories. Walk into any music store and you are left wondering where the hell your band is...punk? garage? hip hop? rap? R+B? and the worst of all...POP?? People waste way too much time trying to trying to put things into their own perspective rather than taking music for what it should be...a form of art without boundaries or reservations. As a music director for my school radio station for 4 years, I have reviewed hundreds of CDs for the radio station (believe me, I still am no expert) and found myself screening thousands of songs that are deemed "non offensive" and safe for airplay. Quick reality check...my station was slapped with the largest fine ever given to a college radio station (20,000) and 3 years off the air because a graveyard shift DJ let one FUCK go over the air at 2 am. Bullshit, right (thanks FCC)?. If we are to cater to anyone and everyone listening with a radio or at a club/concert, things would be unbelievably boring. Hell, my grandmother thinks "Whoomp there it is" came straight from the devil. Please do not buy into the fact that music should cater to your beliefs. If there is something that you disagree with, FINE, speak out against it...just don't take away someone's right to say it.

"Insert your generic Beastie Boys Quote here"

Last edited by JRide71 : 10-06-2004 at 08:27 PM.