View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerinyourear
Actually, it's the liberals that normally speak out against censorship, etc. With the exception of dumbass Tipper Gore. (It's etc., not ect. BTW.)

If you are sharing a stage w/ someone, that is a reflection on you. Yes, they could've not played but, asking is not censorship. Pulling the plug on the mike would have been censorship. (And and act of kindness in my opinion. Have you heard them live?)

Let it go, Yauch's right. I disagree w/ censorship and all of the bullshit "the music made me do it" lawsuits. That doesn't mean you can't pull an artist aside and express your opinion. He could have just played the damn song but, he had to make a big deal about it. More than likely to make a headline. It put the Prodigy name in the paper for a minute.

When is the "Where are they Now" episode gonna air?
The Prodigy have been around long enough, and just because they are not as commerical in the US or Canada for that matter, doesn't mean they are going to have a where are they now episode on VH1 or MTV. I could go on for hours about bands that those channels say are one hit wonders, but in reality aren't played 400 times a day like Britney Spears, mainly because they want to appeal to a younger crowd, and they have a certain amount of "different" music that they are allowed to play.

Wouldn't you be offended if your favorite band told you not to play a song?

I love the Beasties and I love the Prodigy,and the funny thing is.....I hadn't heard anything about this until I came to this message board.

I don't see Yauch slamming the Prod, but I see a bunch of Beasties fans slinging mud all around. Apparently this is old news, let it stay that way. None of us will or do know the full story, and won't, so why is this such a big issue to people. If you don't like the Prod, don't buy their albums, see their shows, etc etc. Easy as that.