View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Plok is Australian Too!

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

I'm not going to waste time on any of the petty "I'm right and your wrong" or "the new album sucks" or "prodigy sucks!!" arguments. Its a waste of time because none of us are going to be able to change other peoples opinions, thats the futility behind much of today's arguments and the reason behind so much conflict and war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yauch
secondly, the person who mentioned that there are misogynistic lyrics on LTI is right, and that is precisely the discussion we had with liam. it was basically from our side something like "back in the day some of what we said joking around was misunderstood... we learned from our mistakes... the song smack my bitch up really comes across to us like it is promoting violence towards women..." again, it was a discussion, not a demand.
Anyway, Yauch, are you saying you actually regret doing some LTI and Pauls Boutique songs like maybe "high plains drifter" where you rap about stealing cars, smacking a seven eleven guy in the head with a bag of ice or like you pulling a shotgun on Adrock in "paul revere". Or one of your absolute classics
Girls - to do the dishes
Girls - to clean up my room
Girls - to do the laundry
Girls - and in the bathroom
Girls - that's all I really want is girls

Thats what made you guys the kings in my opinion!!! That ability to make fun of the rap scene, to ham up the fact that you were rappers despite your geekiness and the fact that you were "a bunch of joeys" (i'm assuming you guys were sort of geeks because you dont look like sport superstars no offence, and you dont look like nerds). You guys let the general public know that what you say in your songs doesn't matter, its entertainment, its all a bit of fun.

This was further enhanced by your video clips which made fun of all spectrums of society while also having a sense of nostalgia towards movies and old cop shows and stuff. I thought you would be so against censorship....i gotta say i'm a little disillusioned with you Yauch. I know those Prodigy songs are also sort of roleplay too. I mean their songs can't be taken literally. Even now, after all your enlightenment and that you have a kid and you're married and stuff (I know you've probably matured more than most of us ever will, which i might add i'm not having a go at...) I thought you guys still had an abstract sense of humour, enough to be able to get the Prodigy's music. Or at least understand that its different horses for different courses.

We're gonna rock the universe for everyone!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fucktopgirl
NOw i will go put my head in the blender for the enjoyment of all!