Thread: MCA Tributes
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Mike D is a legend.

Default Re: MCA Tributes

Santigold interview about "Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win" and MCA:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...anceable-curve

Quote:
Working with the Beastie Boys was an amazing experience, most importantly because I formed some very valuable friendships with those guys. They're role models to me all around. I've loved them since I was 11. I was so inspired by them, saying I wanted to be in the girl-Beastie Boys. They're so down to earth, real, grounded people. To tour with them [and] we were together at [President Barack Obama's] inauguration, even recording the song and hanging out in the studio for a couple days, I had some really great experiences with those guys. Any opportunity I have to work with them, I love to do.

With MCA, I don't really like to talk about it. He was really special, someone you connect with instantly. So open, inviting, immediately accessible and friendly. He was the first one I had a relationship with beyond music, inviting me to places, making sure I had my inauguration tickets. He was the warmest, friendliest dude. It's such a great loss. lt really hurts my heart.

...one might say that the Beastie Boy "Fight for Your Right to Party" guy is a hypocrite. Well, maybe; but in this fucked up world all you can hope for is change, and I'd rather be a hypocrite to you than a zombie forever.
-Adam Horovitz