View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 AM
just here for the .gifs

Red face Re: Gluten free for a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy View Post
My gut is weird but it's because I have gallstones. I'm going to have to have my gall bladder out soon (it should have happened already actually) but in the meantime I have to be really careful with my diet, very minimal fats, almost no red meat, no cheese, nuts, etc. To top it off, I had a major flare up in Jan/Feb and had to do two courses of intravenous antibiotics and that fucked my gut flora up real good, so I'm avoiding sugar, bready stuff and beer. So basically it's lots of rice and veggies, fish and chicken. Which I know is good and all the sort of thing to be eating anyway, but honest to god there are moments when I would murder someone for a big ass cheeseburger and a pile of chips. Ah well. People do keep telling me "wow, you look great, have you been losing weight?" and all of my jeans are too loose now so that's nice I guess, but I dunno, like I said, I really want a cheeseburger. And a beer.

Good on you though DW, if you're feeling good and looking good, then it's all good
Yikes, I hope things get better after you get that gall bladder out.

Yeah I gave up regular beer, I drink way less than I used to, but I can have cider and wine and I can't tell yet which liquors make me ill. I never really liked beer though, so it was easy to give up. Thinking back it seems like my body was trying to tell me not to ingest gluten my whole life, but who would've thought a piece of bread was the cause of a stomachache?

I forget too that the inside of my mouth used to be really sensitive, that's gone now.

I find that a roasted sweet potato with sautéed kale on top is a very hearty and flavorful substitute when craving rich food. I put high quality ricotta on it too, but maybe that's out of bounds for you? It's no cheeseburger, but it's pretty dang tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.