View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 02:10 PM
lit

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yauch
wow, this thread got intense quick, no pun intended. (but while we're on the subject, is that you liam? that would be funny.)

ok, i am going to add a couple of things here.

first off, we didn't tell them not to play the song. we asked them if they would mind not playing it. that is not censorship, that is a conversation. the decision was always up to them.

secondly, the person who mentioned that there are misogynistic lyrics on LTI is right, and that is precisely the discussion we had with liam. it was basically from our side something like "back in the day some of what we said joking around was misunderstood... we learned from our mistakes... the song smack my bitch up really comes across to us like it is promoting violence towards women..." again, it was a discussion, not a demand.

third, you can say what the song means to you, and I can say what it means to me, but neither of us can say what it means to everyone. if you want to get a sense of what the song means, take a poll, ask a bunch of people what it means to them.

lastly, if you ask me, everything does have an effect in the world. If someone hears it, it has an effect. you are making me think by posting here, i'm making you think... every conversation, everything we listen to and see changes us a little.

i am not suggesting that we sensor people's music, but having conversations about what things mean or what effects they have on people is a good thing.

Hey Adam, this is an example of how the internet can help public personalities directly clear things up about themselves that the media has changed or manipulated. Some of you public people should get together and creat some sort of webpage or forum that promotes against media manipulated information (considering public personalities specifically i mean). It could like maybe prevent some law suits. Say you donīt like something a magazine said for example,you can clear it up through this webpage thats open to all who care to see it, considering sometimes the media mess many safe reputations up for all the wrong reasons.
A mass communication instrument driven by the other side, you guys that is, the celebrities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickill
i enjoy driving my compound of electropositive elements
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzzolese
But where do they belong anyway?
my imaginary friend thinks you have serious problems