View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

It has been almost exactly a year since I have logged in here, but WAY longer since I have written anything. This is what I wrote on my tumblr right after I found out:
"I can honestly say that I love MCA more than most members of my family and one of my favorite memories forever will be the summer I bought To The Five Boroughs and made EVERYONE I know listen to it on repeat in my car for the entire summer. Didn’t come out of the cd player for months. The Beastie Boys are my favorite band and they changed my musical life, as well as my life in general. And MCA was my favorite part of that. So this seriously sucks a big one."

But what is weird is that I just moved to South Korea. So everyone who knows me is across the world. And because of that I had been craving familiar things lately. I had been upping the amount of Beasties. I even thought to myself, MAYBE 2-3 days before Yauch passed, "Man, if MCA dies, I am going to lose my shit." And I did.

But what is kind of nice, is I found out because people in the US had posted on my fb (middle of the night for me) stuff like: Sorry about MCA, I know how much you loved the Beastie Boys. Like I knew him. Ha.

Anyway, RIP MCA

It's a harpsicord Kevin, Please say you love it!