View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Gumbercules?

Default Re: English Premier League 2010/2011

I know it's not the Premiership, or even actually football, but I've been playing the new football manager (for once it's not a buggy piece of shit) and last time I started a thread about football manager it got about 3 posts in it, so I'm going to talk about it in this here thread.

Anyway, I decided to choose a team from the Blue Square North for a bit of a challenge. I picked Stafford completely at random, and little did I know they are the most financially fucked team in the history of the fucking world.

One game in, and I was put into receivership, docked 10 points, and had a transfer embargo placed upon me. Fortunately, I seem to have a spirited bunch of players, and they quickly reduced -10 points to 4 points after 10 games. Within another 4 games I was out of the relegation zone, and not long after I was sitting in 15th (my media prediciton) but actually performing at a pace that would normally have seen me cosying up with other playoff candidates.

And then... the dreaded FM slump. Six fucking games lost on the bounce. I started conceding goals in the dying seconds of matches (always from misplaced crosses - "He didn't mean that!") and now I'm rock bottom, five points from safety, and my players are scared to leave the changing room because they can't even pass the ball to each other properly. The transfer embargo has been lifted, but I can't afford to sign anybody, and even if I could, no fucker wants to play for me. I hate this game.

But I fucking love it too.

Now I know what it's like to be Roy Hodgson

TurdBerglar: no one says fanny pack

Bob: i call it a minge sack