View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 07:55 AM
technically insane

Default Re: religion for dummies

I love studying the Words of Jesus. Since birth, I have always attended places that studied the Bible and other Jesus related history. Personally, I became most interested in making sure what I was saying was correct. I recall countless times saying what I thought the Bible said, then going back and reading it for myself and realizing I was not correct/smart. During my study quest I did talk with several people and asked a lot of questions, so I did rely on other people for information. To this day, odds are I am wrong, and you should figure it out for yourself. Personally I like the ESV Study Bible, but I will tell you my faith on certain points is weak.
SO here is a little exam I made to test my personal growth with Jesus. I plan on taking this test then checking my answers just so I can see how I am doing.
Check all answers that apply.

Jesus said the following:
A: Call yourself a Christian
B: Join a group and apply a label, only the correct label wins
C: Look for common ground
D: Love your neighbor, (refer to story of good Samaritan)

When reading the Words of and about Jesus, one should:
A: Take every word and apply it to every person and do not consider who Jesus was delivering the message to.
B: Take every word 100% literal, especially when Jesus is speaking in parables.
C: Make sure you believe what other people told you Jesus said.
D: Let other people tell you what the Words mean.

When finding study material on the words of Jesus
A: Make sure you only study the correctly labeled Bible as supplied by the correctly labeled organization.
B: Consider all historical evidence.

Church is
A: A building
B: Not a building
C: Any place 2 or more gather to Celebrate God.
God is for:
A: Select group
B: Everybody
C: You alone

earl@fuckyoumyman.com