View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Feel Like A King - Frontline

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
I have been looking for years to hear the frontline song that the beasties used on Time For Livin' and finally stumbled upon it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrTaxhHnzL4

I was always mistaken thinking that the name of the song by Frontline was also called "Time For Livin'" I think there have been sources that actually say this as well. The actual song they covered is called "Feel Like a King"

Maybe some of you have already known this.
Excellent find! I've never heard the original song. Cool to see how close they played it musically, but it really became its own thing.

re: the Frontline Bass story. That story is quoted right out of the anthology booklet ( I was really hoping the BBoys Book would have those original write ups and let the Adam and Mike talk about the original printed story vs any new memories or factoids or corrections... case in point the story Adrock tells about Sabotage is 1000% different in the anthology book than it is the Bboys book.) But i guess if like me, you put the booklet away w/ all of your CD cases 10 years ago and migrated everything to iTunes then it would be easy to forget this stuff.

also " Mario handed me the Sony Karaoke mic "... that's interesting. EVERY TIME the secret weapon mic gets mentioned by one of them they act like it is this gigantic trade secret and they are letting it go for the first time. But it was right there in the booklet in 1999. I wonder if it had been spilled before then.

message board