View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Is Obama too Cool for School?

It's sad that Romney's camp doesn't realize that social intelligence is just as important as anything else during a campaign. It started with Kennedy and Nixon, with televised debates. I like Kennedy, but he was in no way qualified to be president and a lot of things went wrong during his presidency...however, he had good looks and good marketing, and a genuine spirit of someone who likes to help other people.

Anyway, any intelligent person knows that you need to market yourself to the public if you want any kind of power, and that popularity actually does mean a lot because the general public is sadly pretty shallow (mainly because government is extremely complex, and needs to be studied and not everyone can focus on it enough to truly understand it. So any reduction thereof is inherently flawed.). It'd be one thing if Romney was genuine, but his personality is a fabrication...so the fact that he can't even hire people who would make him "cooler" because he's lacks so much self-reflection just means to me that he has no fucking concept of current realities and trends, which makes me doubt his observation skills. He's a dork! which is fine, people love dorks. But being a dork means he better be smart (which he pretends not to be), and flawed in a likable way...but the dude is rich as fuck! so any attempt at being "average" is a farce, in any capacity.

Sorry, I just really hate that guy, I don't begrudge him his success thus far...but jesus, his pandering makes me just despise him and think he's a low life with no integrity. bleh. #somethingbetter2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.