View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Re: This is why we all cant have guns.

I don't want to take sides, I could see arguments for both of them. Supposedly, there was a witness who saw Trayvon on top of George, slamming him into the sidewalk. Also, I've heard that George tutored black children in the community for free and in 2010, he got very vocal about the "beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white Sanford police officer." He doesn't necessarily fit the typical description of someone who is overly racist.

I think it was wrong for Obama to say "If I had a boy, he would look like Trayvon."

I think it was wrong that no arrest was made unless there truly wasn't any good reason to do so (which seems unlikely at this point).

I think it was wrong for NBC to edit the 911 recording to make it seem like Zimmerman was saying something racist ("He looks like he's up to no good...he looks black," taking out the dispatcher asking him what race Trayvon was).

I think it was wrong for Spike Lee and Roseanne Barr and anyone else to tweet Zimmerman's address to the world (though it was the wrong address and happened to be an elderly couple's who had nothing to do with this).

I think it was wrong for the New Black Panthers to put a bounty on Zimmerman's head.

And possibly most importantly, I think it was wrong for Zimmerman to approach Trayvon after the 911 dispatcher clearly told him not to do so. If he stayed back, we wouldn't be discussing this situation.