View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 06:35 AM
Hero

Default Re: Post Movie Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friis gal View Post
Loved every second of it. Really sums up everything I love about the band. Made me laugh and cry all at the same time.

Though two hours is no time to tell about 30+ years of friendship, and just like the book I do believe they spend too much time and space about them being young than them developing themselves and their music, and how each album has its own identity and reflects a certain time from when it was made.

But I guess it is also just them being too humble about the greatness for their albums, and not enough time for them to tell it in.
Though they really summed up theirs and everybody else’s love for Yauch! So all in all a perfect film for all the fans.
As die-hard fans, of course we are more interested in the more modern aspects of their careers. I mean, we're all pretty familiar with the story! But, to gloss over the ridiculous way they climbed to stardom wouldn't make sense. They are hoping this makes it to people other than us. They have to focus on that.

You're right, they are so humble. That's why I particularly enjoyed the discussion about '94 Lollapalooza where they basically said that they went out to "beat" all the other bands every show and acknowledged that they in fact "won." That made me tear up too haha. I was a 42-year old bearded mess last night.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012