View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Post Movie Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin MCL View Post

What I thought was absolutely excellent was the addition of Yauch’s voice! Those fleeting snippets from that interview allowed him to present the story to us along with Adam and Mike. Those were special.
This will sound harsh, and it is, but my only thought was they could have utilised that option more - or certainly beyond the snippets of one or two c.1998 Yauch interviews. But then again, there's only so much time and naturally the focus is on the show itself. So not a complaint as such, but it makes me wonder what could have been - albeit getting the rights to various interviews etc must be a nightmare.

Honestly though, I loved it. Every second. They will always be my number one band, and this just solidified that for me. I could hear Adam and Mike talk over old photos and clips indefinitely, and the build up to a massive Yauch tribute was beautifully done, and perfectly explained.

If I was to nitpick - 1) I would have liked more live footage, 2) the complete erasure of TT5B is a minor disgrace - the jump from the HN peak to Bonnaroo is far too great for me. I understand the cutting process etc, but it does a complete disservice to a very valid era, and 3) the final 10 mins collage gives a real glimpse of what a Spike doc may have looked like without the emphasis on the stage show. I am in no position to say whether it would have been better overall like that or not, but it's a fucking great 10 minutes or so...

All that being said - fuck, it was beautiful. And I watched it with a nice bottle of red, so feel free to disregard this entire post.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Last edited by dave790 : 04-24-2020 at 03:33 PM.