View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Post Movie Discussion *Spoilers*

I flat out loved it. I bought the book but didn't read it. After Yauch's death, there have been large chunks of time where I haven't been able to do anything Beastie related. It hit me harder than I thought anything like that could, and I've lost important people in my own "real" life. I'm so glad I watched the movie and it was the right kind of thing for me as a fan (who loved all three of them equally for different reasons).

I imagine it's challenging to figure out the right balance in a project like this. I think it succeeded at what it was meant to do. It allowed fans who couldn't get to a live show to see the live show, and recorded that for the public record. Bless them/Spike for that. I was thinking that it's not really for the casually-interested. If you never had an interest in Beasties before now, this isn't the best way in. But who cares? And maybe I'm a little bit wrong because a close friend who isn't a fan texted me to say that she watched and was moved because she could feel the friendship.

This probably opened me up a bit. I have the Spike Jonze DVD video collection and obviously the Beasties video collection. I remember that one or both have some amusing commentary so I'll dig those out and wallow in more Beasties this weekend.

Best wishes to you all -- nice to see familiar names! Stay safe, and be good!