View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

Default Re: favorite beach boys songs

I have the box set. I don't think I'm missing the point or anything like that. It is what it is, but I'm just not that overly fond of saccharine, schmaltzy tween music, I suppose. And animal noises, whistles and bike horns don't necessarily make up for the complete lack of virility and the absence of anything remotely bold, assertive or mature. How about some balance here, guys? I find the album extremely whiney and overly sentimental. I know part of the albums supposed "charm" is its innocence, but come on, man. Brian was around 24 when he wrote most of this crap. Grow up already, man! No wonder hearing Revolver caused him to have a nervous breakdown and curl up on the floor like a dying worm..

The Stones put out Aftermath that same year; Dylan had Blonde On Blonde; The Kinks had Face To Face; Hendrix was on the verge of coming out with Are You Experienced? Do you see where I'm goin with this? Pet Sounds is nothing more than a jizz stain left behind by an overrated, bloated songwriter with a low weed tolerance and massive self esteem issues who masturbated his own frail ego until he ejaculated this one dimensional, prosaic ass crack of an album filled with amateur lyrics which has continually been misrepresented as this maginificent timeless opus that just never ceases to pull on your heart strings and NOT make you wanna puke by every music critic the world over.

But yeah, it's an okay album, I guess.

KILLA

Your mom busted in and said, "What's that noise?"
Aw, mom you're just jealous, it's the Beas-tie-Boys!!!