View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Lots of rare items for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
They haven't sold yet 😂
In due time... I'm seeing hipsters in the city pay $20 for freaking mix-tapes these days. I never would have thought that cassettes would make a come-back, but they are. I think cassettes might be where vinyl was in the late 90s/early 2000s (i.e. just starting to make a popular come-back). So I wouldn't doubt if the PB cassette lot sells for a pretty penny.

As to the LTI master reel-to-reels - I don't really understand what role they served. I mean, I don't doubt that they are authentic, but just based on what I know about recording, I'm curious why foreign markets had their own master reels. Why didn't Def Jam just send plates over to Yugoslavia so press records? Maybe it was cheaper this way? I guess Def Jam was still tiny back then and probably couldn't afford to mail heavy plates to an Eastern European country, so maybe tapes just made more sense. I would be super nervous about a country like Yugoslavia (no offense to my Cold War comrades) fucking up the plate manufacturing, but again, maybe it just made business sense.