View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Re: What Else Needs a Reissue?

A proper live album! There are a few shitty bootlegs out there and even a current one of just their tv performances. It would be nice to have a best of live or full show.

They could really do a better job reissuing LTI on the marketing end.
Add a whole bunch of rare pics, maybe reissue those picture/shaped discs, really remaster the songs, although everyone says it doesn't really need it.
Add a whole bunch of extra or rare songs *cough*desperado*cough*

Other than that, I can't think of any album they haven't reissued yet. The 2009 reissues of HN, CYH, and IC were all pretty decent.
Maybe Aglio E Olio? Some Old Bullshit would for sure sell, add in the rare tracks from the Australian and Japanese releases, ie. Soba violence, Light my fire.
I only have the Australian Lathe pressing and it sounds terrible, so a nice clean version of Light my fire would be great.
Maybe combining all their hardcore into one album like the Minor Threat discography.

They could also do another type of in sound from way out compilation featuring mix up tracks and the b-sides from that era that were in the AIFST movie and only available as iTunes exclusives.

Same can go with their rock / alternative songs, they could release a complication like that.

On the topic, I mentioned this before in another thread but it never got any traction, and since we all have a lot of time on our hands.

Of the studio albums, which release is the best in terms of sound quality?

From my own collection I would say

LTI - 2000 Def Jam reissue
PB - The current violet/purple coloured vinyl 2019 remaster reissue. Up until this point it was the 1998 Grand Royal Reissue, but having the remaster on double vinyl can't be beat.
CYH, IC, HN - 2009 reissues
TT5B, Mix-UP, HSC don't really need a reissue, I haven't heard the news ones yet.

Thoughts?