Thread: The Vault Index
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Hero

Default Re: The Vault Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
Oh I agree, I always just assumed 'vault' was accepted terminology for referencing unreleased material / projects. Though that would be cool though, I wonder if either Mike or Adam ever trifle through the Crap Factory from time to time.

And yes that's what I thought (in regards to the existence of another albums worth of material). It seemed crystal clear from said interview with Mike, and the Bob Dylan thing sounded very Beastie-plausible. I didn't mean to relaunch the debate, I'm just wary that the albums existence has always seemed to be inexplicably questioned.

edit: On another note, do you think any of the HSC 2009 editions were actually printed? I'd like to think there are a few promo copies knocking about with the original mix / track-listing, but then I also think something would have surfaced or leaked by now. It remains quite the curio worth owning / hearing for me.
Fyi.....the whole "vault" terminology came about because the BBoys themselves talked about releasing some Unreleased stuff in an email back in the day. It was in the HN era.

I always kinda assumed that most of that stuff was what they included on the HN reissue.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012