View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Re: Adidas Americana Beastie Boys sneakers

So Toronto only had 9 pairs. I went down to get some for the other board members in the city and possibly myself (I didn't really have the funds, nor were these a huge priority, considering I didn't know about them until 2 days ago)

Place opened at 11:00am, and to be consistent with my life, of course I was running late. Texted fellow board member MiketotheD who told me that she was able to arrange a small window away from work and was already in the line. She was fourth in line and had about 10 people behind her.

I got there 10 past 11 and of course, they were predictably sold out. I was informed that the the majority of the people in line were not fans but just slimy hucksters looking to flip the shoes on eBay.

If you're reading this, and you were one of those scummy eBayers, either in Toronto or another city, then "HEY FUCK YOU"
It's the same for the pieces of shit who are taking the 3" Sabotage RSD releases and up-selling them on eBay. "HEY FUCK YOU"

You are taking them away from deserving fans, some of whom may have travelled far distances and also who were planning on supporting charities and local business.

This was a way for fans to get some rare memorabilia while supporting a good cause, but you eBay assholes had to exploit all aspects of it. Two wrongs never make a right, but I sincerely hope that you get ripped off on a transaction in the same way that you're ripping the fans off.

I'll end on a positive note, MiketotheD got a pair in her size, and it seems as if the shoes sold out everywhere, so in the end PEACE SISTERS and Little Kids Rock win, and I guess that's all that really maters.