View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 12:38 PM

Default Beastie Boys and Spike Jonze Announce New Documentary

Beastie Boys’ Mike D and Adam “Ad-Rock” Horovitz, along with Spike Jonze, have announced a new documentary: Beastie Boys Story will debut on IMAX on April 3, followed by a global release on April 24 via Apple TV+. Jonze directed the movie and co-wrote it with Mike D and Ad-Rock. The project grew out of Jonze and the Beasties’ massive Beastie Boys Book, according to a press release.

“There are some friends you have lunch with so many times over the years, you know their order,” Mike D and Ad-Rock said in a statement. “Spike is one of those friends. And even when you don’t recognize anything on the menu, he comes up with something good for the whole table. Like when we wondered what to do when our book comes out... then Spike placed his order: You will put on a show for the children.”

Spike Jonze added, “I owe Beastie Boys a lot. One time, they pulled me out of a burning ship, and another time they helped me cheat on my college exam to get into Florida State. So, it was a real privilege to get to reunite with them and help them tell their story.”

Coming up, Jonze and Beastie Boys will release a photo book. The collection, called Beastie Boys, is out March 17.