View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 AM

Default Re: PYB appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Juice View Post
Good call!

Still baffles me why this wasn't on the proper album, although in the age of the digital download I guess it really doesn't matter.

I'm assuming this and "B-Boys In The Cut" didn't make the LP since they had been in circulation prior to the album coming out. "Lee Majors" and "TMR" were also out, but "Lee Majors" was the only hardcore presence on the album and you can't shelve a track with Nas, right? (Although, as much as I hate to say it, I'm still not feeling "TMR.")

"Pop Your Balloon" always cracks me up because the hook is something you might sing at a kid's birthday party, but the verses are the most gangsta the Beasties had been in years...chucking smoke bombs into radio stations and counterfeiting money, c'mon now!

P.S. The B-side version sounds ALOT better than the bootleg I had prior to it coming out which would lead me to believe it was remixed by Zdar as well.
I still don't feel TMR as well. I think its the worst track on the record. I have both versions of PYB and the album version is definitely crisper...

thank you Adam.