Thread: biking
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM
drifter

Default Re: biking

I've been riding a piece of shit I got for 15 bucks at a garage sale for the past few years, it was a heavy as hell venture from the 80's. My gear cables snapped last summer but I was too cheap to get them fixed so I continued to ride it regardless.

I just got a job that I expect to cycle to for most of the next 6-8 months, about 18 km round trip.
I picked up a "new" bike 2 weeks ago for 200 bucks, it's old but the guy put all new cables, brake pads and wheels on it plus it came with fenders so I'm good to go. I'm just excited to have a more road-worthy bike, even an old one, because it will be like peddling through hot butter compared to the tank I was riding a good 10+km/day before.

Looks exactly like this, not sure of the year etc though.
I believe it's a 6 speed, again, I'm no expert I just adore the freedom of having my bike as a reliable mode of transportation. Winters around here are pretty brutal, but I can't wait to start biking everywhere again in a few weeks.

Next stop, home ownership! I’m just kidding, the middle class is dying. You’ll be renting forever.