View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillill
I'm sorry, where did I say that we should censor things? I'm simply saying that lyrics such as these promote violence..
Its kind of implicit when you support someone who thinks that certain songs should not be played in public.

Quote:
Of course it is the right of people to put out whatever they want, but that doesn't mean that music listeners should support it...
Of course not, turn off the radio if you are offended.

Quote:
Obviously some people (such as the woman mentioned in Yauch's post) did take it at face value. You have no idea what it is like to have a painful memory brought up because of a stupid song. ...
I guess you know me, so...

Quote:
I'm not sure how the Beasties are in the wrong for trying to prevent that. The Beasties did not demand that the song not be played, they simply requested that it not be played and gave their reasons for it.
I think it makes yauch look just a bit naive/authoritarian when the song is not even about that.

Quote:
This is probably the best thing that ever happened to Liam H. I mean, Jesus, it six years later and we're still discussing this! I'm sure that is why he said something negative about the Beastie Boys in the press, to receive more attention for his own band.
No I doubt it. We're are discussing it because this is BBoys message board, and thats the only time these two groups have ever been related.