View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Current Member

Default Re: Hello Nasty 20th Anniversary. Favourites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
heard. for years i'd hoped an instrumental version of that cut would surface. a dream which effectively died when the remaster was released.
MMM made that comment on the Echo chamber about how good it would sound with them rhyming on that track. Mike kind of laughed. Vault, possibly?

Anyway after years of arguing about it, I credit McDuff with my enjoyment of Hello Nasty. It is greater than the sum of its parts, but it is a pretty epic effort. It just wasn't what I'd hoped for at the time of release.

My favourites are the 1-2-3 of Sneakin, Shame and Prose, followed by Grasshopper Unit, Electrify and Dedication. Still has an astounding opening 3, also.

Have found respect for Song for the Man and Picture This, but it's both Unite and Dr Lee which have grown on me most. Love the OG 3 MCs, too.

While we all know El Ray Y Yo is the best sample on the album, my favourite is Nine's "non-stop hip-hop" and frankly that break is one of their most bananas. Handsome Boy Limerick File is my favourite remix.

20 fucking years!!!

Shout at the Devil!