View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:25 AM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: Adrock and Rick Rubin talk for the first time in decades...

I get the impression that Adrock's issue with Rick isn't so much about the money, but about the betrayal. From what I recall, he grew the closest to Rick out of the three. So one can imagine the damage that Rick's behavior had on that relationship. Frankly, Rick's continued nonchalance about the whole deal is a little off-putting to me.

Interesting dagger thrown at Blood Sugar Sex Magik. When Rick mentioned there was an issue at the release party, it reminded me of Adam's brief appearance in RHCP's 'Funky Monks' doc. And by brief, I mean like Yeti brief. The filmmaker is hangin out front of the album release party, and you see this flash of a guy walking away, can't even see his face, and the bouncer leans in and says "you know who that was? that was Adrock from the Beastie Boys".

I was bummed that they didn't discuss any of the Beasties' output post-LTI. I've always wondered what Rick's take was on the music that followed, and would have enjoyed that discussion.

This interview inspired me to re-watch the 2hr+ Red Bull Academy interview with Mario C last night. Great, lengthy, slow-burn of his history with the band. Really fantastic watch for the die hards. Still available on youtube in it's entirety.

~fin~

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...