View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Adrock and Rick Rubin talk for the first time in decades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
I think what I liked or got out of it the most was the "openness" of RR as the moderator of the discussion, it gave me a small glimpse into how his mind works and how he would be such an amazing collaborator to work with, the way he pushes and explores ideas.

for example when Adam says, "that's another story" and brushes off an idea, Rick stops him and say "tell THAT story". he does this a few times in the podcast to get one of them to share or delve a little further.

I imagine that translating into a studio environment, or them just hanging out for hours upon hours coming up with new ideas, with Double R as their guru.

I'm not mad at a waltz beat.
I agree, he definitely seems like a take charge type of person. He's natural in the role of producer. And if he had not gotten into music, he would probably have been successful in whatever he did as a career. I've been listening to a few of the Broken Record podcasts with Rick, he's a very smart, curious person. I heard him interview the guy from Tame Impala, pretty interesting..