View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterMikeD View Post
Like many of you, the Beasties were the soundtrack to my life. I first "discovered" them and became instantly obcessed with them at the age of 15. I'm now 31. The only thing I loved more than their music was seeing them live. Some of the best memories of my life involve the crazy antics my friends and I would get into to get to one of their shows. The high I would feel at the show and for weeks afterwards was unlike anything I've ever felt before, and the thing that crushes me the most personally is knowing I will never have that feeling again.

One of the all time highlights of my life was seeing them at Hiro - just talking about it, seeing the bootlegged DVD, or listening to the audio I ripped off of it to play in my car would make me so happy it would nearly bring me to tears. For whatever reason, it was that powerful of an experience and I'll always feel lucky to have something like that in my life at my disposal that brings me so much happiness.

I'm from just outside NYC but currently living in Sydney, Australia. When I heard my iPhone blowing up from posts on my Facebook page I knew something terrible had happened. When I saw all the condolences from my friends and family at home who knew how much the boys meant to me, I burst into tears and have been a wreck since. It really caught me off guard because it's not like me at all - its not how I grieve. I barely shed a tear for the passing of friends and family and never give a crap about a "celebrities" passing but with Adam's passing it feels like a piece of ME died. That sounds insanely self-centered (which is the last thing Adam would want) but its the sad truth.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, the boys, and the rest of you on here who have been impacted by Adam as I have. R.I.P. - today is the day for me that the music died.
By the way, if you ever see the Hiro videos, I'm the guy in front with the red hat. Being able to show that to my unconcieved kids and grandkids someday is something I'll always feel blessed to be able to do.