View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Mike D talks HSC to Rolling Stone, uses wine metaphors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
i suppose it doesnt as long as the tunes are good. maybe i am being a conspiracy theorist or something but there is no way of knowing if they have improved some of the tracks cos no fucker outside of the band has heard them. i was just being wary of the fact mike had said that, possibly labouring the point. i just dont 100% believe everything i read or see thats all. i dont think he is lying i just was thinking out of the box, my point is that aside from 4 tracks you have no idea if he's lying or not. i'm not trying to be an arse here i just think its good not to take everything at face value.
also, i am no expert on sound quality on stuff but how come it needed improving in the first place? Does that mean they would have put out sub par sound recordings had it not been delayed. is sound recording that fast moving a technology that it needs updating already.
I get what you're saying. From my point of view, tracks originally slated for distribution may no longer be the mixes we hear on the album. We will be able to tell the differences on mixes that have already been released / leaked, but as for all of the tracks that we haven't heard yet there will be an "original mix" and an "album mix". For me, it's kind of exciting knowing that somewhere there are tracks that were originally slated for the scheduled release that may not see the light of day, because they have been altered for the delayed release. Maybe filler for an anniversary release in 2020. Or if they are smart each track released as a digital download from http://topspin.net/ renamed as "original mix" or "2009 mix". Or if they got really inventive... pressed on colored 7" vinyl. I know I'm a freak about this kind of stuff, but I can't bear the thought that we may never hear the original versions and that they me be sitting in the vaults next to the submarine version of Hello Nasty.