View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 07:57 PM

Default Re: In a World Gone Mad vinyl release?

Don't know if it interests anyone, but I found some of the answers to my own questions.

I emailed Kevin McCabe, who was doing promotions at Parlophone back when this came out, and asked him if he had any recollection of the release. I sent him the questions below, and in italics are his responses.

Was this a UK promotion only?
I can’t remember! I would think unlikely and that it would have also gone out in the US also

Who did the actual pressings and was it truly limited to 200 copies?
Looking at it, it doesn’t feel or look like a UK pressing – feels US to me as it has a spine sleeve - it was a rush job though so we might have outsourced. ….No idea if it was just 200. I can only remember getting a handful though, so probably true!

To whom were these given as promotional items?
My allocation went to fans at UK radio stations

Is there anything about this record (e.g. the run-out etchings) that would help verify that a given copy is a true Parlophone release and not a bootleg?
It is genuine – 100% - I wouldn’t have a copy otherwise, and now that I have seen the pic, I can remember writing the sticker!

Is there anything else of note that you recall about this release?
Nope!

On BeastieMania, they note that the record sometimes comes with a sticker from Parlophone, which means that that given copy was from the Kevin McCabe allotment of this promo, but there were probably other batches sent out to other people who were not at Parlophone. This could explain why some copies don't come with the Parlophone sticker and insert, and why there are so many for sale in Israel (perhaps whoever handles Israeli distribution got a batch).

Anyway... that's that!