Thread: ARTS THREAD
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Papillon butinant

Default Re: ARTS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizl
thanks! its mixed media- graphite, colored pencil, water colors, and ink. i called it nurture. the thing in the middle is wilbertrasse- which is german, its a vortex train, its beasically what happens when you take a stick and pull it through water, or the oar on a boat, you get a train of vortices. thats in the middle because it represents the flow in nature, the tendency towards the vortex, and also a metamorphic sequence in movement that is found throughout nature, starting with linear pure potential, moving towards harmonic (where rhythm sustains life) into disorder...which is then recycled.

the tree shows both its roots and limbs, representing mediation between the positive energy of the earth and the negative energy of the sun...the opening seed (representing life) brought forth from the depths of the earth towards the cosmos...the leaves of the tree represent the change in seasons, as they move from budding, green, red, brown and fall. the plant-like forms under the tree, on the left, move into the ground at the surface, and to the right, coinciding with spring, move up out of the earth representing the breath-like rhythm of the earth, sucking in vital nutrients and energy in the fall and winter, and expressing growth and abundance in the spring and summer.
the lunar cycles above are self explanatory....and define time. the sunrise, constant regeneration and renewal.

i think thats about all i have to say about it:P
awesome description!
Did you think about this before doing your thing?Or you just did it and then after you analyse it?

I like linear pure potential!!

All i want to say is that I love trees.