Thread: therapy
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 PM

Default Re: therapy

I've been more than a few times with varied results....but I am a BSW so my opinion is pretty biased....in my youth I went for bereavement counseling for about a year, once a week to help cope with the loss of a parent...very beneficial, helped me transition through the grief and loss...the second time I went for marriage counseling after things had dissolved beyond reconciliation and I had an extremely contentious and negative experience which I found to be completely ineffective and only served to foster a poisoned environment….bad stuff….I can still get wildly angry about that lady…the counselor not my ex….and about 3 years ago I wanted change in my life so I persued a open cousel particularly with regards to substance abuse…and eventually it took…I thought I was gonna be a hop head for life but my man worked it out with me through the use of cognitive and recognition/avoidance schemes…again, I benefit from having access to private confidential counsel through my employee benefit package and as well as from sister or partner agencies in the community whom we exchange services with por gratis…

"Cats probably wouldn't need 9 lives if they wore tiny little helmets and didn't smoke cigarettes..."