View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Hot Sauce Committee Releases

This is where things get a bit murky. If you assume (as I do) that the 7" single for Long Burn The Fire b/w Here's A Little Something For Ya (discovered by J Devious) was going to be a bonus 7" for either the Ill Communication or Hello Nasty Deluxe Reissue then it would have been released right around this time. It is definitely up for debate, but I am comfortable placing it approximately here in the timeline of physical releases.

The last show at Bonnaroo was July 12 2009. The Ill Communication 3xLP Deluxe Edition was released on 9-31-2009. Whether the 7" was intended for the Ill Communication Deluxe or Hello Nasty Deluxe I have no idea, but it fits in here in that it was after they cancelled their tour due to Yauch's cancer, and before the Ill Communication Deluxe Remaster was released.

I am not good at researching run out grooves, but for anyone who is...
The run out grooves for the Lee Majors promo 7" included
R-21597 for the A side
R-21598 for the B side
The run out grooves for the Long Burn The Fire 7" included
R-21838 for the A side
R-21839 for the B side

In terms of the lyrics, and how they may help place those tracks in proper chronology, we can add the DJ Shadow mixes into the mystery. Maybe KP or someone else can comment...

Whatever the case may be, we can add HALSFY and LBTF to the list of tracks that were previewed in 2009 prior to the delay of HSCP1.