View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 07:19 PM
three steps ahead

Default Re: are you/ have you been in a band?

2 bands actually. One band was with a group of my hometown friends and I and a female singer. The band consisted of 2 bassists- my pal and I, a guitarist, and a drummer. We called ourselves "Skillet" because all of us had worked at a mexican restaurant and the dishes were served on skillets. The singer's uncle worked at a radio station in Cleveland and he actually gave us some airtime on a keep or lose type deal where the listeners could vote whether they want to hear us make it and 89% voted yes. We didn't do much after that because everyone started moving away.

The second band was a group of friends that I have met while in Cincinnati and we were called "House of Usher." Again, I was the bassist and there was a singer, guitarist and drummer. We played a lot around Cincinnati, mostly at small clubs and such. We had a very similar sound to Black Sabbath but it was all original material. We broke it off because I had joined the military.

I'm kinda in a one man band right now but it's a little boring doing all the shit myself and I would like to have fellow musicians to play with to hear their ideas. Been trying to get a band together but craigslist hasn't been working out.

B, get that bass and play with me yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
You haven't lived until you've been pounded up against a flaming trash can.

Last edited by ericlee : 06-23-2010 at 07:21 PM.