View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
-=Tezza-D=-

Default Re: Why I dislike the new album

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_salmon
word. it's always awesome when they switch off like that. hence why "paul's boutique" is my favorite. it makes the music that much more fun and attention-catching. the whole formula thing they've got going on is a little weak. however, that's the only thing that bothers me about the album, and it doesn't even bother me that much. i think "to the 5 boroughs" is awesome. i love the political lyrics and the beats...everything is great. except the predictability.
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.