View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Johnny Ryall

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

It's been two days and it still doesn't seem real. I had posted this somewhere else, but now that I can, I have to repost it in the place it belongs (I'm still just as teared up as the first time)

I will never forget Lollapalooza 1994 in Philadelphia, when Yauch brough out Tibetan Monks from the Yellow Hat Sect to begin the day with some beautiful chanting. I was 17 years old. I can remember his face (I will never, ever forget) as some ignorant and disrespectful fans threw water bottles at the monks. I always wanted to write a letter of apology to Yauch, on behalf of Philadelphia, and to also thank him for introducing me to the struggles of Tibet, with eventually led to my interest in Buddhism and the Dharma. I can honestly say that in addition to being the soundtrack of my life, starting at 8, to the Beastie Boys, espeically Adam Yauch, I owe a debt that can never be repaid. May Adam find a most positive rebirth, and even though we never met, I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful path he helped set me upon, just by being a postitive influence and role model. I promise that I will continue to use "Bodhisattva Vow" as my mantra. And to the Beastie Boys, you always were and always will be more than a band to me, you are a way of life.

equinox symmetry and the balance is right, smokin and drinkin' on a tuesday night.