View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Current Member

Default Re: Adam Yauch Update and New Photo.

I'd take Adam Yach alive and well over my own wish to hear more B-Boys.

I only started talking about new material of late because I was optimistic. I hoped against hope that they were tweaking the album, and back together as a unit and all was eventually going to be well. Even that Propellerhead marketing stuff had me thinking positive. And Cey didn't give any indication things were looking sketchy, his laidback nature on the poscast had me thinking it was moving ahead. And so it seems now it is not. Or it is, but much, much slower than I believed.

I get now why we haven't heard anything. Why tell people something if the only thing you can tell them is going to upset them? This shit was tough, he's been really fighting this. I thought dude was gonna storm home. It seemed like he was, and I suppose I imagined he wanted the time with his family before the grind of promoting the record. Or they were making the record into something different - my mind went everywhere but the truth: the shit was hard going.

I don't want to be like that other boardmember acting like Morissey on this forum with his dead dog and be all "the band is finished", but I don't think they're going to bounce back to being the Beastie Boys quickly. I am finally admitting that to myself.

For a band that to me have always been about the next step, the forward move, it seems like things are kind of winding up. It seems more insurmountable than I first thought. Mad respect to Yauch for this battle, mad respect to the band for all the memories, fucking great catalogue of music, ideas, energy. I don't think it's the end of the group (yet), but I've fought my own nature to be optimistic about this and I think I'm ready to really wait. And if all I'm waiting for is a "Thanks, we're out of here", then so be it.

When this shit was announced on youtube last year, I was going to call the Paul's Boutique number and leave a voice-mail. It was going to be Yauch's second verse from B-Boys in the Cut, sung in the style of Scott Stapp. I wish I'd done it now.

It feels like things are coming full circle on this forum. Maybe in a year or so they'll drop an album and it will be what they want to put out, and what we want to hear, and they will all be happy and healthy and we can put this behind us. Maybe I'm wrong, and I've proven to myself why it's a bad idea to post from the heart on the internet. lol.

"Reality's a bitch and I heard that she bite"
- Common

Shout at the Devil!

Last edited by Kid Presentable : 09-20-2010 at 07:37 AM.