View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I have just now considered myself ready to check out the boards. Been enjoying the tributes. You gotta love the love everyone is displaying. For me, I feel like Yauch & the Beasites either taught or led to me to everything that was worth knowing in the world. Nonviolence, respect for all peoples, the interconnectedness of life, and other timeless principles. I feel so fortunate that I had the pleasure of learning such important lessons through the band I loved since I was 7 years old (when License to Ill came out in 1986). It always seemed like I was entering the age when I was ready to understand such lessons as their new albums came out (specifically with regard to Check Your Head, Ill Communication, and Hello Nasty as I was 13, 15, and 19 respectively). As they matured, so did I. They have been as important in setting me on my life's path as anyone I know (immediate family excluded).

"There's nothing here that's not been said before, But I put it down now so I'll be sure, To solidify my own views and I'll be glad if it helps anyone else out too."

It has. Thank you Adam. Namaste.

Ryan