View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 PM
feeder

Default Re: New Year Resolutions 2010

From '08:
Quote:
I was just thinking about this earlier when writing out my christmas cards. We have a lot of friends we almost never see as they don't live in london anymore, and most all of us have a rugrat or two, so it just seems like we never find time to get together. So I decided that my resolution this year would be to get out of London more often and go visit with friends, maybe like one weekend a month or something.
Well I think I did OK with this one. Not quite once a month, but we did make more of an effort. Now of course, there is a heck of a lot more distance between us all, so... not so much visiting this year!

I don't think I made any resolutions for last year because it was just days before New Years when mr.p got the China job offer - so basically the whole year was really taken up with moving and getting settled. My resolutions this year are pretty basic:
- continue Mandarin lessons and be reasonably conversationally fluent by the end of the year
- travel outside of Shanghai to see more of the country

Also I'm doing a 'booze-free' January, maybe stretching as far as until Chinese New Year (14 Feb). Give my liver a bit of a holiday and to try to cut some empty calories out of my diet, as I've definitely put on a few pounds since moving here and I do drink more than I really ought to.