View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 03:25 PM
High Plains Drifter

Default Re: Adrock's new benefit song "Pasadena Parrots"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
It’s beyond that though isn’t it. No one has - or at least shouldn’t have - any issue with criticism of the Beastie Boys actions, material, comments, news, performances etc. It’s all valid discussion, and opinions make the board go round.

However, the band are finished. It’s long been that way and quite understandably so. There’s never been any mention from Mike or Adam on working together or separately in music again. To criticise someone for being ‘lazy’ because you’re used to his former band’s previous output arriving on cue (which, frankly, is bizarre given their notoriously non-conformist schedule) is at best entitled, at worst moronic. The surviving members can do what the hell they want. Why be frustrated over something that doesn’t exist? If Adam promised you a further project and then didn’t deliver, I might understand - but even then I’d accept that it’s his decision. I’d also consider there’s probably more going on in his life than trying to appease dissatisfied fans after a lifetime’s work, or simply no desire to do so.
Nobody is saying they can't do what they want! But if there is a new track and it sucks, fans should be able to say so on here without getting the "leave him alone he can do whatever he wants!" strawman non-sense. That's just part of being an artist. Most of the post Beastie Boys stuff has been flat out awful which is fine but I'm not going to pretend it's good, he's not 6 years old.

"BEASTIE BOYS Will Forever Be 1 of the BIGGEST inspirations 4 me in music & life."
-Busta Rhymes